Is it illegal to relocate wildlife in ca?

Wildlife relocation is illegal in California, as well as in many other states in the United States. State law stipulates that trapped annoying wild animals, such as skunks and raccoons, must be released at the place of capture. While some may consider these laws to be inhumane, there are important and specific reasons for these laws. By relocating a female to another place that has a litter safely stored, dependent offspring are doomed to a cruel death through starvation, exposure, or predators.

An experienced wildlife control professional understands the biology, breeding patterns, and visible signs of an animal that might have a litter. Many of the animals that live in homes are female, who are looking for safe places to raise their young. If capture is necessary, we formulate the plan that best addresses the humane treatment of both the female and her litter. We've never orphaned a wild animal.

In the event of an outbreak of an animal disease, it is essential to identify the source of the disease. If a sick wild animal has been released outside its range, there is no way to determine the initial location of an outbreak. A good example of why this matters is a disease called bubonic plague, which is mainly transmitted by flea-carrying ground squirrels infected by the plague. Trapped animals must be euthanized immediately or released on site.

The relocation of trapped wildlife is prohibited. See section 679 (f) (below). For those unfamiliar with California's animal trapping laws, this is the right article to read. Each state is different from each other and has different laws and regulations, and that also applies to animal trapping laws.

A surprising fact about California is that the relocation of wildlife is illegal. This is a short list of laws in this state that will not only educate non-experts, but will also list the laws that Rodent Guys comply with. Wild animals are a natural part of the environment in San Mateo County. It is normal for these animals to pass through properties throughout their lives among humans who have moved into their habitat.

Some species may even be protected by law. However, wild animals that lose their fear of people can become a nuisance, destroy property, or even pose a risk to human health. The District is not licensed to trap or eliminate wild animals in private homes. In addition, trapping is often not a good solution to wildlife problems.

When an animal is removed, another will quickly move to its territory and settle in. It's illegal to relocate wildlife, and with good reason. When an animal is removed, another will quickly move to its territory and settle in while hospital conditions are maintained. Nor is it humane to relocate animals, as you'll move them to another animal's territory where they won't be able to find food, shelter, or safety.

In some cases, it may be legal to catch and release (outdoors, on the same property, not elsewhere) or to catch and slaughter wild animals, but you may need a license or predation permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife. Alternatively, you can hire a licensed wildlife hunter to catch and euthanize an annoying animal on your property. If the animal can't find food, water or shelter on your property, it won't stay there. The best way to prevent wild animals from nesting in or under your home is to make sure they can't get inside.

If you need help with the exclusion of wildlife, the District can provide you with a free inspection. You must make your property inhospitable to wildlife by eliminating attractives such as food, water, and shelter. You must prune vegetation, secure trash cans, bring pet food and water containers, and pick up fallen fruit. It's also helpful to use chimney covers and other methods to prevent wildlife from entering.

If an animal can't find food, shelter, or water on your property, it won't stay there. If you think you need to catch or kill a wild animal, it's best to contact a licensed wildlife hunter. A) The intent of this section is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of the community and its wildlife by prohibiting the feeding of pigeons, waterfowls, seagulls, and wild animals in order to avoid public nuisance and protect the species. Food is understood to give, place, display, deposit, disperse or distribute any edible material, including, but not limited to, grains, seeds, vegetables, bread, fruit, pet food or other miscellaneous food scraps with the intention of feeding, attracting or attracting wildlife.

That's why, whenever you ask for help from a wildlife capture company, make sure they're licensed to do so. Bird feeders are placed where wildlife, other than songbirds, would struggle to eat from them. Wildlife that damages crops on the property can be captured or eliminated, but only in accordance with current regulations (below). Deliver, place, display, deposit, distribute or spread any edible material with the intention of feeding, attracting or attracting wildlife.

In some cases, you may need a predation permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife if you plan to catch or kill an animal yourself. Visit the Wildlife Diseases and Public Health page to learn more about diseases that affect wildlife and, often, humans. Any healthy wildlife trapped in towns or cities or removed from under buildings or captured or otherwise trapped in accordance with Sections 4152 or 4180 of the Fish and Game Code will be immediately released to the area where it is trapped or discarded as directed or authorized by the department. In addition, feeding wild animals alters the natural feeding habits of wild animals and can result in the concentration of wild animals in artificial feeding areas, making them more susceptible to disease transmission.


Amy Raoof
Amy Raoof

Proud travel aficionado. Evil tv buff. Typical reader. Certified coffee aficionado. Typical problem solver.

Leave Message

All fileds with * are required